The Cannabis Centre
Here at Medwell Medical and Wellness Clinic, we help to assist doctors and patients alike in navigating the regulatory pathway for prescribing conventional and emerging treatment options available.
Some emerging treatment options are highly regulated and access to this service will be dependent on meeting strict guidelines while also consenting to regular monitoring and follow up appointments in-clinic. Our doctors also work in conjunction with patient’s regular GP’s and health professionals that do not prescribe, to help incorporate these emerging treatment options into their comprehensive treatment plan.
Medwell Medical & Wellness Clinic welcomes new patients and patient referrals from any general practitioners, medical specialists, and other professionals who feel their patients may benefit from these treatment modalities.
If you would like to know more about how our services could help you, please contact us.
Please review the process below:
- Review all the information and links provided to you on this page.
- Contact us and ensure you let us know you are wanting a consultation
- When you have booked you will have a consultation with our Registered Nurse and then our doctor to ensure you meet appropriate criteria.
- Your application may then be submitted for approval to the TGA.
- Approval of SAS B Application (approximately 7 -10 day turn around, longer for more complex applications)
- Ensure you book a review consultation before leaving the clinic. We do not contact you when your application is approved. This is your responsibility that you ensure you have a booking to collect your script about 2 weeks after your initial consultation. Your review consultation is to collect your script and go over all the particulars regarding your medication.
- Review consultations are part of the approval program and need to be adhered to: These comprise of patient medication dosing adjustment (titration) and review of your treatment plan.
- On receiving approval you will then be issued with your script to be dispensed at a nominated pharmacy.
- The team often update your regular treating GP or specialist in regards to progress and any important aspects of care for your safety.
Outcomes of applications are not guaranteed. Any scripts issued will be at the discretion and clinical judgement of the clinicians involved. We have a comprehensive consultation process to ensure treatment outcomes are formed, keeping safety in mind. Due to the time commitments, we won't be able to do refunds for reasons that are out of our control.
Please note these are private fees and there are no rebates for these fees. We do not offer reduced rates for concessions cards or pensioners. These fees allow us to cover our costs and continue to deliver the high level of care we deliver for this service.
Our clinic offers a comprehensive range of General Practice services.
Book your appointment today.
Contact us to get helpful information and updates
about Medwell Medical & Wellness Clinic.